For using a printer in a Mac, you need to add a printer to Mac properly. But sometimes, it seems difficult for Macbook user to install a printer.
Because the in-build by default software isn’t suitable for Mac book, there might be another reason for not connecting to Mac.
But here we tell you how you can add a printer to your Mac without any hesitation.
Also You May Want To Know- Best 3d Printer For Miniatures In The USA.
How Many Ways Can You Connect a Printer TO Mac?
There are four different ways by which you can connect your printer with Macbook.
1) Add printer through Wi-Fi network, 2) Add through USB device, 3) Connect through IP Address, 4) Add with Bluetooth Device.
1) Add Printer Through Wi-Fi Network:
Adding a printer to MacBook without any physical connection seems very simple with a Wi-Fi setup.
If your printer and Mac are connected with any wireless network, it will be easy for you to set up any printer with MacBook. Now, how can you connect a printer and print any device document with your Mac device?
- First of all, you need to update your Mac device if you don’t have AirPrint software. For updating your Mac book, go to your Apple menu, then system preferences and click on software update. The Macbook updating step is essential because whenever you use the printer on your Mac device, it will ask for the latest devices.
- After that, you can connect your printer and follow the instruction of whatever printer company has given in their instruction book.
- After that install, the printer opens the max book and that you must have ink and printing paper on that printer.
- Now you are going to set off your wireless printer with the Mac. For that one, initially, you need to connect your wireless printer with your Macbook through a USB cable. Then install the inbuilt printer Mackbook software and disconnect that device. During that time, you must take care that the printer should connect to the wifi network.
- After that, go to the printer available listing display and click on that painter name to connect your device. If the printer doesn’t connect with the device network, you need to click Add + button and connect it.
If you follow the above process, you can connect any wireless supported printer to a Mac device.
Read More: Best Printer For Quickbooks Checks In USA.
2) Add Through USB Cable:
Using a printer on Mac with USB cable is a similar type of task previous one.
For using a printer with USB cable, first of all you need to update your MacOS.
- For that one, open your MacBook, then go to the Apple menu and then system preferences. After that, you need to select all the software which need to update. You select all of them and update them immediately.
- After that and take your printer and insert ink and printing papers. During the whole process, you can follow the printer’s instruction, which the company has given in the box.
- Completing other processes, now it’s time to connect your printer with your MacBook using a USB cable. But for that one, you need a multi connecting USB port device. It is because you may know all the Macbook only support type C cable. So it would help if you had a multi connecting port that worked as an interpreter between Macbook and printer.
You need to follow these simple steps to connect a printer with your Macbook using any USB cable.
3) Connect Through IP Address:
Connecting a printer with Macbook through IP address is a little tricky task compare to other connecting processes. In fact, for a non-technical guy, it is a challenging one.
Don’t worry, even if you don’t have any knowledge regarding IP address. Here we will help you how you can connect a printer with Macbook through IP address.
Before that, we want to say that your printer must support one of these protocols: internet printing protocol, HP JetDirect, AirPrint etc. Along with that, you must know the hostname, model number and printing protocol of your printer, which may already give on the instruction page.
- As usual, you need to update your MacBook like the previous steps, but if you have an AirPrint printer, you don’t need to update anything because the software of the air print printer can automatically connect to any MacBook.
- After that, unpack your printer and install the ink and printing papers, and now your printer is ready to connect with any Macbook through an internet protocol address.
- Now follow our given step by step process for a successful connection between a printer and a MacBook. Click on Apple menu> system preferences and then click “printers and scanners”.
- Now click the add button, then take the IP button, then enter the printer information we already told you about before.
4) Add with Bluetooth Printer:
This is the easiest process to connect a Bluetooth supported printer with a MacBook. All we have the basic knowledge about Bluetooth because everyone has Bluetooth connectivity on their phone.
- For connecting a printer with Macbook using Bluetooth connectivity, again, you need to update your macOS. For that one, first, go to your Apple menu, then system preferences and click on software update again if you have an airport print printer; then no need to update any software of your macOS.
- Then prepare your printer to connect with your MacBook. Before that, you need to make sure that you install the ink and printing paper correctly on this device.
- After that, open the Bluetooth connection for both Macbook and printer. Then sync both the device with Bluetooth connectivity.
Sometimes you may need to press for a long time the printers Bluetooth button for its opening.
So if you want to connect your Bluetooth printer with your Macbook, you need to follow the above steps. Apart from that, we also discuss how you can connect a printer with your MacBook in different methods. If you face any issue regarding the printer and MacBook syncing issue, you can put your query in the below comment box.